Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Where I Will Be

With only 6 days to go, I have finally received the details about where exactly I will be staying in Cape Town. I will be housed with at least one other volunteer and a family in the home above, which is really quite reminiscent of a American house in the suburbs. I cannot wait to meet my host family and become fully immersed in the South African culture!

 (If anyone is interested in checking out the area on Google maps, here is the address.
 71 Rooikrans Avenue, Grassy Park, Cape Town, South Africa)

In the midst of all the nervousness, excitement, and anticipation that have been bombarding my mind recently, I have at times questioned my decision to make this journey. However, I am well aware of the deceit of emotion, and I find great comfort and reassurance in the realization that I am staying true to my heart, and following my dream. I am often reminded of the final verse of my favorite Dead song, "Cassidy":

Flight of the seabirds,
Scattered like lost words,
Wheel to the storm and fly.
Fare thee well now, let your life proceed by it's own design.
Nothing to tell now, let the words be yours, I'm done with mine.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Cameron --

    My name is Analisa, I'm a reporter for the Greeley Tribune. I was hoping to get in contact with you for a short story on your trip to Africa, and to let those who know you that they can follow this blog. You can email me at aromano@greeleytribune.com. Hope to hear from you soon!

    Best,
    Analisa Romano
    Reporter, Greeley Tribune

    ReplyDelete